Wisdom Teeth Surgery & Removal Mascot, Sydney
What are wisdom teeth and who gets them?
Located at the back of your mouth, wisdom teeth are the last teeth to erupt through the gums and usually appear between 18 and 25 years of age. Most people have four wisdom teeth, while others have fewer or none at all. Some patients experience no issues when their wisdom teeth come in, while others experience a range of different problems such as impacted wisdom teeth (wisdom teeth remain below the surface of the gums), overcrowding or gum infections from food and bacteria that becomes stuck.
Signs you require wisdom teeth surgery
- • You suffer from pain in your wisdom teeth or the gums around them
- • You occasionally experience soreness around your wisdom teeth that lasts a few days
- • You experience a bad taste in your mouth that originates around your wisdom teeth
Ignoring wisdom teeth issues can cause serious oral health issues
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms above and your wisdom teeth are left untreated, this can lead to several different problems, such as:
• Decay or resorption of the tooth in front of your wisdom tooth – this can be difficult to treat and may result in the loss of the tooth adjacent to your wisdom tooth
• Infections or cysts that can eat away at your jawbone
• Irreversible damage to the gum and bone that support the neighbouring teeth
Gentle and pain-free wisdom teeth removal
While the thought of having your wisdom teeth removed may seem intimidating, you can be assured we utilise the latest technologies and sedation dentistry options to make sure your wisdom teeth removal procedure goes as smoothly as possible. Our dental experts will walk you through each step of the process and answer any questions or concerns you may have.
Not sure if you need wisdom teeth surgery?
Not sure if you need wisdom teeth surgery? Book an assessment with one of our experienced dental experts to determine the best course of action and prevent any damage to your teeth or gums.